Thanks fellas I've got a question for Stratiotes . It is my understanding that the condenser absorbs electricity . The electricity that it absorbs is enough to jump the gap at the points and burn the contacts out . I found a quote from an article on line about static electricity , " "Static Electricity" means "High voltage" " "The tiniest spark requires about 500 volts . Big , nasty , painful sparks require lots more voltage up to several thousand volts." . now as far as I know EMP voltage is not that high but I don't know how high it can get . Where did you learn of this so I can read about it myself . and I wish I had a diesel to use .

As for armor I was thinking of some thin plate steal just enough to stop 9mm 45 40 cal. you know "handgun rounds" and do the doors up extra heavy enough to stop .223 rds . I also had an idea about using glass from windshields cut and layered thick and held together around the outside edge for the two side windows but only if it can stop hand gun rounds I'll have to try it first before I go to the trouble of making such windows and tint the rear windows and place armor over the window and have slits in it to see out and something similar to the front core support in front of the radiator to let air get by and armor around the batteries . I also want to run dual alternators and dual batteries .

I'll also want to carry extra parts . So can something be built to house other electronic parts that I might want to keep with me like a radio .

The V8 should have enough power to move the van . I used a similar van to paint houses it held lots of wait and would move rather well . I like the idea of keeping the armor low in the back 3/4 the way up should be plenty , none will be used on the under side of it and most of the roof will not be armored . I'll look in to polycarbonate $? .
cool Thanks again guys .

If we are to remain free, all good men should join their local militia and learn to fight tyranny on every level and by any means necessary.
If you live in Ohio and would like to participate in Militia training contact the OVC
Ohio Volunteer Corps