I was thinking of the MP5 some swat-ies use and other 9mm rifles. Well I was thinking that the 223 frags on impact as it travels through the thinner armor so if you had helmets and flack jackets you might? might? be OK . The van is going to have 2 seats in the front and 4 seats in the rear in a row along the drivers side of the van and 2 more seats that are back to back on the others side in the rear . well the point is I'm not making an armored car just something with a little more protection . Rifle protection would be great if I could find steal thick enough that's almost free $ I'm trying to do this without spending a lot of $$$ . and by using stuff I already have .

The biggest cost would be the NEW tires what type of tires would be best against bullets I was thinking of getting tires with a high load range so it has thicker sidewalls so I could run on flat tires with a hole in the side wall .

If we are to remain free, all good men should join their local militia and learn to fight tyranny on every level and by any means necessary.
If you live in Ohio and would like to participate in Militia training contact the OVC
Ohio Volunteer Corps