The one largest problem with "Living off Grid" is the "Space" that you will need to occupy.

You'll need to live "Somewhere". The difference is just how much "Creature Comforts" do you intend to live with or do without. To break off most/all contact with society means doing without many comforts and even some necessities,(no one person can make "Everything" you might need or want).

Without going to extremes,(such as being on skidrow or moving to a deserted island), the choice basically comes down to living "Semi-off-Grid" or becoming a form of hermit or "Bedouin"/nomadic-hermit. Being a hermit has merit but you still would have to pay taxes and some other fees for the land that you would occupy. This is semi-off-grid as it still means that your are known by the government that you pay "Rent" too,(even IF you were to own your land outright and totally free and clear).

To not have to answer to anyone at any time is to never be at the place where they come to look for you. This is truely "Off-Grid", but it means that you own only what you can move right now and 'creature comforms' are very minimal. In other words, you have no home for anyone to kick the door in on and you may even be chased about just to find out who you are,(controling governments absolutely hate "mysteries").

Prior planning and great thought can solve many problems with any degree that you choose to be "Off-Grid" and still live comfortably. But always keep in mind, that two heads are always better than one,(many can be even better), but this also brings it's own types of concessions to living totally Off Grid.

If you weren't in VA, I be delighted to speak further with you about this. I'll still help where ever I may, but there simply are things that I would not be as able to show you.

wink IHTH

Michael

"Argue for your limitations, and in the end, when all is said and done, they're your's!"

"Sheeple & Shepherds, pick one! You can't be both no matter how you dress."

The higher ya go... the higher ya can get! Mountain Men Rock!