These are the items that I carry in my Backpack Survival Kit. Also, there is really no difference between this and a Bug-Out Bag, except for carrying ammunition and weapons cleaning kit.

How much ammo do you carry with you. What I am going to do is carry enough for 2 combat reloads for both my pistol and rifle.

I have 8 15 round and 1 10 round magazines for my pistol. This is 130 rounds that are in magazines ready to go. So 2 combat reloads for my pistol would be 260 rounds in my backpack.

For my rifle, it has a fixed box 10 round magazine. All of the bullets for this weapon are on stripper clips. I have a bandoleer that carries 100 rounds on strippers. So 2 combat reloads for this rifle would be 200 additional rounds in the backpack.

Another example would be currently the US Army carries 210 rounds in magazines ready to go. So to apply this, the soldier would have to carry another 420 rounds in his backpack to get the 2 combat reloads.

Some friends of mine out in Kansas City liked to carry the FN. This weapon fires the .308 round and has 20 round magazine. They would carry anywhere's from 6 to 8 magazines. So you can see, that they would be carrying anywhere's from 240 to 320 additional rounds in their packs.

The rifle you carry with you while you are in a Bug-Out situation may be anywhere's from a .22 all the way up to the .308's. So whatever you decide is up to you. Just make sure you can carry all of that ammo and other supplies with you.

*FIELD RATIONS
*FISHING KIT
*MEDICAL KIT
*PERSONAL HYGIENE KIT

AA Batteries
AAA Batteries
Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
Balaclava
Boot Laces
Chem Sticks
Compass
Container for water
Cook Set
Cotton Balls soaked in Petro Jelly
Cup
"D" Ring, (4)
Duct Tape
Collapsible Fishing Pole
Flashlight
Fuel for Stove
Gloves
Glue Stick (hot glue gun type)
GMRS Radio
Ground Cloth
Hammock
Handkerchief
Head Lamp
Insect Repellent
Lighter
100 feet of Lightline (250# test line)
Folded Loaf Pans, (2)
Long Sleeve Shirt
Magnesium Fire Starter
Map
Mini Bino's
Multi Tool
P-38 Can Opener
Pace Counting Beads
Paper
Para Cord, 75 feet
Pencil
Penlight
Pocket Saw
Polypro Bottom
Polypro Top
Protractor
Rain Gear
Safety Pins
Sewing Awl
Sewing Needles
Sewing Thread
Sharpening Stone
Sheath Knife
Signal Mirror
Skull Cap
Small Candle
Socks
Space Blanket
Spare Flashlight Bulb
Spork
Stove
Sunblock
Sunglasses
Tarp
Tinder
Trousers
T-shirt
Underwear
Water Purfication Tabs
Waterproof Matches
Whistle
Windscreen
Wire
Wristwatch
Ziplock Bags

*MEDICAL KIT
4X4 Gauze Pads, Alcohol Prep Pads, Aspirin, Band-Aids, Battle Dressing, Benadryl, Blood Clotter, Cravat, EMT Scissors, J-tube, Medical Gloves, Medical Tape, Motrin, Roller Gauze, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Tweezers, Tylenol

*FIELD RATIONS
16oz Drink Packets, Bullion Cubes, Crackers, Dried Fruits, Emergency Food Bars, Freeze Dried Foods, Granola Bars, Hard Candy, Instant Coffee, Instant Soup, Jelly, Jerkey, MRE's, Nuts, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Pepper Packets, Power Bars, Salt Packets, Sugar Packets, Tea, Trail Mix

*FISHING KIT
1/4oz Spoon, 50ft 12# Fishing Line, 50ft 20# Fishing Line, 50ft 30# Fishing Line, Assorted Fishing Hooks, Assorted Flies, Bobber, Grub Jig, Salmon Eggs, Shad Jig, Snap Swivel, Split Shot, Treble Hooks, Tube Jig, Wire Leader

*PERSONAL HYGIENE KIT
Comb, Dental Floss, Foot Powder, Shampoo, Soap, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Washcloth

Doc